On this date in our family history . . . the 19th day of May . . . in the year 1688 . . . according to The New England Historical and Genealogical Register . . . Anne Chase Mus(Silloway) nee Wheeler dies at about sixty-six or sixty-seven years of age . . . presumably somewhere in Massachusetts . . .
Historic Homes and Places and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs also says Anne died in May of 1688 . . . however . . . according to . . .
as well as an SAR Application . . . Anne died 21 April 1687 . . .
- History of the Town of Sutton, Massachusetts
- The Pioneers of Massachusetts
- The Old Families of Salisbury and Amesbury, Massachusetts
- Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County, Massachusetts
- The Genealogical and Encyclopedic History of the Wheeler Family in America
- Centennial History of the Town of Millbury, Massachusetts
- Reminiscences of the family of Moody Chase, of Shirley, Massachusetts : also, a brief account of his ancestry
This Anne, who was first married to Aquila Chase (c.1618-c.1670), is a 4th great-grandma to Salmon Portland Chase (1808-1873), a former Secretary of the Treasury and Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court whose picture was used on the $10,000 bill 1928-1946 . . . and she is a 6th great-grandma to First Lady Frances (Mrs. Grover) Cleveland . . . and a 7th great-grandma to E.E. Cummings . . . and Anne is also a 5th great-grandma to William Thurston Merrill (1816-1898) . . . who is a 3rd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog . . .