Being tagged for the One Lovely Blog Award by Janice at Mississippi Memories was a pleasant surprise yesterday. And then today I read this Mother's Day poem at mamarocks.com, and was reminded again of how very lucky I am to have my dear Mother still alive AND healthy at the delightfully young age of 77. Both of these items have sent my appreciation meter into overtime. I will be spending time with my Mom on Sunday, but for now I am "paying it forward" to a few of my favorite places to visit in the blogosphere -- just to show my appreciation to them for the beauty they have added to my little corner of our world by their presence on the WWW. I enjoyed spending time last night and this a.m. visiting the actual homes of some of my favorite blogs instead of just reading their latest update in my Google reader. Among other things, I was checking each site for any previous mention of the One Lovely Blog Award, and I have tried to choose blogs that have not already received this award. Based on how many of MY favorite blogs have already received this award, I must have lots of kindred spirits out there! Anyway . . . So here's my pared-down list. It was really difficult to choose only seven as per the suggestion for showing appreciation for receiving this award.
- At A Canadian Family, Evelyn Yvonne Theriault of Quebec uses lovely vintage postcards to illustrate her blogging, and is even hosting A Festival of Postcards. I plan to participate.
- I first met Lisa at A Light that Shines Again by way of her Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture.
- Beth Niquette at Expect the Unexpected has an ongoing dialogue with the subjects of her photos. Her blogs are delightful spots to visit.
- I particularly enjoy revisiting the Christmas-season postings of Janet the Researcher of Ontario, Canada.
- Judy Perry devotes an entire blog to Katherine Swynford who is believed to be one of my great-grandmas.
- Lady Despenser's Scribery is one of my newest favorite places to hang out. She blogs about quite a few of my believed-to-be-ancestors, and I have a LOT of reading to do to catch up on this one.
- Karen at The Graphics Fairy provides an on-going supply of free ephemera -- right up my alley! Be sure you also check out her free backgrounds.
P.P.S. It is usually suggested to the award recipients that they try to pay it forward to seven more individuals by passing this award on. Whether or not you are able to participate, you are still deserving of the award yourself. Thanks for stopping by.