On this date in our family history . . . the 19th day of May . . . in the year 1688 . . . according to The New England Historical and Genealogical Register . . . Anne Chase Mus(Silloway) nee Wheeler dies at about sixty-six or sixty-seven years of age . . . presumably somewhere in Massachusetts . . .
Aquila Chase, brother to Thomas Chase, m. Anne Wheeler, daughter of John Wheeler of Hampton, removed, iin 1646, to Newbury, where he d., Aug. 29, 1670, aged 52. His widow, Anne, m. Daniel Mussiloway, June 14, 1672, and d. May 19, 1688. . . .
Historic Homes and Places and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs also says Anne died in May of 1688 . . . however . . . according to . . .
- History of the Town of Sutton, Massachusetts
- The Pioneers of Massachusetts
- The Old Families of Salisbury and Amesbury, Massachusetts
- Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County, Massachusetts
- The Genealogical and Encyclopedic History of the Wheeler Family in America
- Centennial History of the Town of Millbury, Massachusetts
- Reminiscences of the family of Moody Chase, of Shirley, Massachusetts : also, a brief account of his ancestry
This Anne, who was first married to Aquila Chase (c.1618-c.1670), is a 4th great-grandma to Salmon Portland Chase (1808-1873), a former Secretary of the Treasury and Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court whose picture was used on the $10,000 bill 1928-1946 . . . and she is a 6th great-grandma to First Lady Frances (Mrs. Grover) Cleveland . . . and a 7th great-grandma to E.E. Cummings . . . and Anne is also a 5th great-grandma to William Thurston Merrill (1816-1898) . . . who is a 3rd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog . . .
Post a Comment